Thursday, April 23, 2009

Boo Washcloth!

It's another one of those freaking Mario-gang washcloths! When am I going to stop? Never!

(Hey, this is too much fun to stop!)

Without further ado:


It's the Boo Washcloth!

Pattern:

The finished product is 44 stitches wide and 61 rows long, just like the others, and is also worked from right to left instead of from bottom to top.

CO 44 stitches. Knit three rows. The next row (row 4) will be a WS row and the first row of the pattern chart (click to enlarge):


Start and end every row with K2. For the 40 stitches in between the edge stitches, follow the chart. Blank spaces are knit stitches for RS rows and purl stitches for WS rows. Dots are purl stitches for RS rows and knit stitches for WS rows.

After the chart is finished, you should be about to start a RS row. Knit this row and the next two (three rows total), then BO with knit stitches.

This washcloth is super-easy and really fun to make. Boos are such hilarious-looking things to start with (what are those little fin-like things supposed to be, anyway?), but I like this version with the fangs and the frowny eyebrows. I would have done it with the tongue out, but it's just not as recognizable that way in knitting.

Enjoy!

(Psst! Looking for the other Mario-gang washcloth designs? There are also Mario, Luigi, Princess Peach, Bowser, and Yoshi patterns available!)

9 comments:

  1. Another fabulous cloth! I can't wait for my next Geek Roundup. I love these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. I really love your mario character patterns, i was wondering if you'd consider doing a Toad pattern? for me that would complete an awesome blanket .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Toni!

    I am planning a Toad design and a Goomba design right now. I just got back from an extended vacation, but I should have Toad ready to go within the next couple of weeks and Goomba is planned to be ready by the end of July.

    I'm glad you like the designs!

    ~PD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant! thanks ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are fantastic! I'm thinking about turning them into a baby blanket for my new niece(due at the end of July). Her daddy is a big nintendo fan, and I figure this might ease his transition into the world of having a daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was wondering if you could tell me what yarn is used to knit washcloths, like face flannels etc? these would make great gifts for some of my male friends especially who are into nintendo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Toni, sorry about the late response (just finished moving cities aaarrrgh), but most washcloths are made out of plain cotton yarn. It's cheap (about $2 a ball, which makes one cloth, here in Canada), durable, washable, and shows raised patterns nicely. Mine are made from S. R. Kertzer CoolSpun Cotton because that's what I have lying around, but all brands are more or less the same.

    :)

    ~PD

    ReplyDelete
  8. How do u print it?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Also, my work isn't coming out the way it shows. Someone explain how to follow this pattern please

    ReplyDelete