Saturday, November 29, 2008

Asian Teriyaki Beef Dip

So, with the exception of some leftover salad, I have no vegetables in my house after having made some tofu stir fry for dinner last night. So what can I make for dinner tonight?

Well, I have four frozen packages of stewing beef and some frozen leftover beef broth, along with leftover sauces from the stir fry. So tonight we're having:

Asian Teriyaki Beef Dip

0.7 kg (1.5 lbs) stewing beef
1L (about 4 cups) beef broth
1/3 cup soya sauce
1/2 cup teriyaki stir fry sauce (thinner version of regular teriyaki sauce)
2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
3 tbsp flour
  1. Place all ingredients in the slow cooker and cook on low 6-8 hours (I cooked mine more like 8 hours because my broth and my meat was frozen) or on high 4-5 hours. I recommend the longer time on the lower temperature, though, because stewing beef is more tender if it cooks more slowly.
  2. Lift the lid of the slow cooker and let it cook on high for 30 minutes or so to let the flavours blend and steam out some of the water.
  3. Serve meat with sauce over homemade bread or egg noodles.
This would probably be good with a root vegetable side dish. In general, I would suggest keeping some vegetables around so that you, unlike me, can have a more balanced dinner menu.

No comments:

Post a Comment